The MOVE-ON project aims to:
- Provide tangible contributions from EU Overseas to the EU MAES initiative, with direct involvement of decision-makers.
- Test the integration of MAES methodologies in specific territories, to demonstrate the benefits of combining assessments of ecosystem condition and ecosystem services for decision making.
- Produce good practice guidance and policy recommendations tailored for specific regions or issues.
- Create and strengthen a scientific and technical MAES community in EU Overseas
The South Atlantic Anchor Project aims to:
- Work closely with St Helena Government (SHG) partners, and the SHG GIS team to review and analyse spatial environmental data
- Work closely with SHG to determine the spatial data outputs that are required to feed into upcoming or existing policy and decisions
- Analyse existing spatial data sets to provide evidence for policy questions on St Helena
- Develop a set of guidelines on how to bridge the gap between evidence and decision-making on small islands (Deliverable 5.4)
- Work with a wide network of stakeholders both on and off island to deliver the spatial data analysis outputs required by SHG
- Write an end of anchor project report for the MOVE-ON project (Deliverable 3.5)
This project has received funding from the European Commission Directorate – General Environment, under the grant 07.027735/2019/808239/SUB/ENV.D2